- Website design & maintenance
- Mobile phone & responsive web design
- Basic search engine optimization (SEO)
- WordPress installations and assistance
- Digital photo retouching and manipulation
- jQuery effects implementation
- Help with domain registration and/or hosting setup
- General assitance with many website related issues
Responsive Web Design
In the past the only way people looked at the web was on a desktop or laptop computer. Websites were designed to work with as many Browser and Operating System combinations as possible. Most websites were viewed at roughly the same size.
Now we have tablets and smart phones. Viewing a website made for a desktop computer on a small smart phone can be a pain; expanding a site to read the text, swiping around to get to a section of the page and trying to click on minuscule buttons.
Recently web designers have made a separate site (or several) for smart phones. This way the smart phone user could navigate through the site, usually an abridged version of the main one, more easily.
Technology marches on of course and now the trend is to make one more complex version of the website that conforms to the device it is being used by. It is a completely different way of designing. This is much more flexible and is being called “Responsive Design”.
To see this in action you can look at this website. If you make the browser window smaller or larger, you will see the layout change.
Responsive Design is much more complex than standard design and the cost reflects that. You can decide what is best for your situation.